For TypingMind.com Static Chat App
How we handle your data for free users:
- All of your data include API keys, chat history, chat messages are stored locally on your browser (using Local Storage).
- The entire app is a static website, we don't have a backend server to collect data to the server side.
- When you send a message on typingmind.com, the website sends a request to OpenAI API endpoints using the API key you provided.
- Requests are sent directly from your browser to OpenAI's server using secured transport protocol HTTPS. There is no middle server and no one else can see the requests, responses and their content.
- For Anthropic models, requests are proxied through TypingMind proxy server to Anthropic's server. This is because Anthropic doesn't support direct request from your browser. We don't log and store any data from the requests. The proxy server purely forwards your request to Anthropic's server and does nothing else. For maximum privacy, you can setup your own proxy server for Anthropic models by going to the Setting panel (click the gear icon) → Advanced Settings → Anthropic Chat Completions Endpoint.
How we handle your data for paid users:
- When you purchase a license key, we store your email address and the license key in our database. We use this information to send you license key and to verify your license key when you use it on TypingMind.com.
- When you enter the license key to unlock the premium features, TypingMind.com will send a request from your browser to our License Server to verify the license key and get the information about the license key's owner to display on the app.
- When a new version of TypingMind.com is available, we will send you an email to notify you about new features and updates. You can unsubscribe from the email list at any time.
Third-party services we use on typingmind.com:
- We use Vercel.com to host our website.
- We use Vercel Analytics by Vercel.com to collect anonymous analytics data (like how many visitors a day, etc.). This data is only collected from TypingMind.com and not from the self-hosted version.
- We use Sentry by Sentry.io to collect anonymous crash log and error reports from the application. This information helps us to improve the app and fix bugs.
- We use lemonsqueezy.com to process payments for our premium features. We don't store any of your payment data.
For TypingMind Cloud:
- TypingMind Cloud is an opt-in only service we provide to help you conveniently share your chat conversation with friends via a link that is publicly accessible from the internet. Other features include sync chat history between devices and backup chat history.
- TypingMind Cloud is integrated to TypingMind.com and will only work when you explicitly use the Share/Sync/Backup feature, and pick TypingMind Could as the Share/Sync/Backup option. You will be asked to opt-in to TypingMind Cloud.
- Note that you can use other services to share and sync your chat. TypingMind Cloud is just one of the options and is not mandatory.
- When you Share your chats/plugins/AI characters using TypingMind Cloud, we will store your the data you shared on our server. And it will become publicly available on the internet with a secret link. These links are prevented from being indexed search engines.
- We only store the chats that you shared, we don't store any other data on TypingMind Cloud's server (no API Key, no License Key, no other chats).
- If you enable TypingMind Cloud for Sync and Backup, we will store all of your chats, prompts, messages, AI characters, bookmarks to the TypingMind Cloud server. All communication with TypingMind Cloud server are encrypted using HTTPS, all of your data is stored securely on our cloud database provided by planetscale.com and is encrypted at rest.
- If you enable TypingMind Cloud for Sync and Backup, we will use Cookie to store your logged in state in order to provide you a seamless sync experience without having to login again. Our cookie will expires after 30 days without any sync activities.
For TypingMind via Setapp
Note: this section only apply to you if you use the TypingMind via Setapp at https://setapp.com/apps/typingmind.
- The version of TypingMind you download from Setapp is the exact same version as the one you use from TypingMind.com.
- The Setapp version comes with a free access to the GPT-3.5 model, which is included in your Setapp subscription. This model is shown in the app under the name: "Setapp (GPT-3.5)"
- When you use the other models that are NOT Setapp (GPT-3.5), your requests will be sent directly from your local device to OpenAI/Anthropic without any proxy or intermediate server.
For TypingMind Custom:
Please see https://custom.typingmind.com/privacy
Your privacy is important to us. It is typingmind.com's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://typingmind.com, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we're collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service on ᵗyᵖȶᵢₙℊᵐᵢₙd.com. What data we store, we'll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don't share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
This policy is effective as of 30 June 2023.