Terms of Service
For TypingMind.com and Self-host Static App
- All purchases are refundable within 14 days of purchase. If you are not satisfied with the product, please contact us.
- You are not allowed to share your license key with anyone else.
- Your license key is a lifetime license and never expires. You can use typingmind.com and the self-hosted static app as long as you want. We will continue to update typingmind.com with new features and upgrades in the future. By default, all future upgrades are provided to you for free, however, we reserve the rights to sell future upgrades at an additional purchase if we think it is reasonable. Please note that at anytime, you can create a self-host version of typingmind.com and host it on your server, then you can use the self-host version as long as you want. The app itself works independently on any system and requires no backend server. This ensure you have access to the software even if TypingMind.com goes out of business in the future.
- Each license key can be used on 5 devices which is typically enough for 1 user. If you need to use it on for more devices, you can buy a new license keys or add more devices to your existing license key. "Device" is counted based on the number of places where the license key is entered and the chat history is saved for continuous use. For example, if you use Typing Mind on Chrome browser on your laptop and also on your phone, that will be 2 devices. Note that the license key is saved per browser, so if you use Typing Mind on Chrome and also on Firefox, you will need to enter the license key 2 times, have 2 separate chat history storage, and that counts as 2 devices. If you need to use the license key on a new device but have reached the limit, you can unlink the previous device first using the License Manager. This device limit is put in place to avoid license key abuse and pirate.
- Your license key can be used on at most 5 devices at the same time. If you want to use it on more devices, you need to buy more seat to your license key or unlink the license key from the previous device using the License Manager (access to the previous device is not needed).
- Typingmind.com's features can change in the future, including adding and removing features, restricting the list of features available in the free/paid plan, open source some parts or all of the app source code. In such cases, you will not receive a refund of your purchase (unless your purchase is still within the 14-day refund period).
- Typingmind.com's service availability is not guaranteed. We will try our best to keep the service up and running, but we cannot guarantee the availability of the service. In the event of natural disasters, change of owners, dependency service outages, and other reasons that make us unable to keep the service running, you will not be refunded (unless your purchase is still within the 14-day refund period). You can look into self-hosting the app on your own server to have full control of the service availability.
- For legal purposes, TypingMind.com is a product of Devuap LLC, registered at the address: Ste 1200, 1309 Coffeen Avenue, Sheridan, WY, Sheridan, US, 82801.
For TypingMind Cloud
- TypingMind Cloud is an opt-in only service we provide to help you conveniently share your chat conversation with friends via a link that is publicly accessible from the internet. Other features include sync chat history between devices and backup chat history.
- TypingMind Cloud is integrated to TypingMind.com and will only work when you explicitly use the Share/Sync/Backup feature, and pick TypingMind Cloud as the Share/Sync/Backup option. You will be asked to opt-in to TypingMind Cloud and agree with its terms and conditions.
- TypingMind Cloud is provided for free for everyone with the limit of 10 MB of data storage per user. We don't guarantee the availability of TypingMind Cloud. We don't guarantee your data will never be lost. We'll try our best to keep TypingMind Cloud alive and available at all time. You are encouraged to backup your data to multiple places to avoid data lost.
- If you have a valid TypingMind License Key, you can use up to 10MB of storage on TypingMind Cloud. Additional storage can be purchased by upgrading to a cloud storage subscription.
- You can optionally upgrade your TypingMind Cloud to a paid subscription to get more storage. Please see the in-app pricing page to see all available upgrade plans. Fair use bandwidth policy: you can use up to 10GB of bandwidth per month per 100MB of storage (this is typically enough to sync your chat history between 5 devices multiple times per hour). If you need more bandwidth, please contact us.
- Note that you can use other services to share and sync your chat. TypingMind Cloud is just one of the options and is not required to use TypingMind.com.
- In the self-host version, you can still use TypingMind Cloud as an option to Share/Sync/Backup your chats. When you choose TypingMind Cloud as the Share/Sync/Backup option, your chats will be sent to cloud.typingmind.com, as that is where the could service is hosted.
- The TypingMind Cloud service itself is not included in the self-host version.
For TypingMind Custom Branding
- Custom Branding package only works on self-hosted version of TypingMind. You cannot add custom branding on the TypingMind.com website.
- If you haven't already, you must first purchase a TypingMind Self-host Package. The Custom Branding License is an additional purchase that adds custom branding on top of your self-host version, if you only buy the Custom Branding License, it will not work.
- As a reminder, all users of the self-host version must have a TypingMind License Key and an OpenAI API Key to use the app. This is the same as in the online version at TypingMind.com.
- If you plan to let your customers/clients/team members use your self-host version, they will all need to buy a License Key from TypingMind (or you can buy a Team license for them). Note that they will also need to enter an OpenAI API Key before using the app. Typing Mind is a static web app and have no backend, so you cannot bundle the OpenAI API key into the app securely.
- You cannot re-sell the self-host version to your customers. More more info about self-hosting, please see the Self-Host FAQs at the end of this page.
- You can view a demo custom branding version here: white-label-demo.typingmind.com.
- If you want to see what's the set-up process looks like, go to Create Custom Branding to see the instructions that you need to follow to setup your custom branding version.
For TypingMind Custom:
Please see https://custom.typingmind.com/terms
Regarding Customer Support:
- We offer 45 days of free customer support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org starting from the date of your purchase.
- We don't offer customer support and technical support for self-host version.
- For Typing Mind Custom Deployment customers, we offer customer support for as long as you are subscribed to the product.
By using typingmind.com you confirm your acceptance of, and agree to be bound by, these term and conditions.
2. Agreement to Terms and Conditions
This Agreement takes effect on the date on which you first use the typingmind.com application.
3. Premium features
You will be able to use all the premium features after you buy a license key. The details of the premium features are available on the pricing page.
4. Refund Policy
We allow refunds within 14 days of purchase, no questions asked.
5. Product usage
By using typingmind.com, you agree to receive important product updates from ᵗyᵖȶᵢₙℊᵐᵢₙd.com via the email linked with your payment account or the email you used to register your account.
You can opt-out of this product updates anytime by clicking to the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email.
We only send important product updates.
It is not warranted that typingmind.com will meet your requirements or that its operation will be uninterrupted or error free. All express and implied warranties or conditions not stated in this Agreement (including without limitation, loss of profits, loss or corruption of data, business interruption or loss of contracts), so far as such exclusion or disclaimer is permitted under the applicable law are excluded and expressly disclaimed. This Agreement does not affect your statutory rights.
7. Warranties and Limitation of Liability
typingmind.com does not give any warranty, guarantee or other term as to the quality, fitness for purpose or otherwise of the software. typingmind.com shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused bytypingmind.com's negligence or the negligence of its servants or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of any goods or services by typingmind.com. typingmind.com shall not be liable or deemed to be in breach of contract by reason of any delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond its reasonable control. Notwithstanding contrary clauses in this Agreement, in the event thattypingmind.com are deemed liable to you for breach of this Agreement, you agree that typingmind.com's liability is limited to the amount actually paid by you for your services or software, which amount calculated in reliance upon this clause. You hereby release typingmind.com from any and all obligations, liabilities and claims in excess of this limitation.
8. General Terms and Law
This Agreement is governed by the laws of Wyoming, United States. You acknowledge that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and typingmind.com as a result of your use of these services. You agree not to hold yourself out as a representative, agent or employee oftypingmind.com. You agree that typingmind.com will not be liable by reason of any representation, act or omission to act by you.
Last updated: 19 April 2023.